|Position Name||State Program Manager|
|Reports to||National Program Manager|
|Location|| Dhenkanal/Jajpur in Odisha
Beed/ Osmanabad in Maharashtra
District Training Coordinators
Enterprise Development Managers
|Works with||Senior Leadership Team at National office
Program, technical team in PIO
About Habitat for Humanity India:
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort. The housing organization has since grown to become a leading global non-profit working in more than 70 countries. In India since 1983, Habitat for Humanity has supported more than 33 million people to build or improve a place they can call home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, donate or volunteer, visit www.habitatindia.org
The Habitat for Humanity India has received a grant from European Union (EU) to implement a project – Nirmanshree. The overall objective of this action is to contribute to the empowerment of marginalised women through creating economic opportunities and improving access to services and entitlements related to habitat development. The action will be implemented across four districts in Odisha (Dhenkanal and Jajpur) and Maharashtra (Osmanabad and Beed).
The State Program Manager leads the Nirmanshree project funded by European Union at state level. S/he provides the leadership in operationalizing the strategy plan for the project in implementing in implementing districts through the state office (Odisha and Maharashtra).
- Lead project planning, development and delivery at project locations
- Develop an understanding of the target groups and other partners/stakeholders and ensure that all activities are designed and executed with a strong fitment to their needs
- Manage the day-to-day work of the project, including finalizing the annual work in each district, ensuring compliance with programme goals and results-based indicators
- Analyse and ensure alignment of project budgets with logical framework matrices and work plans;
- Oversee programme quality control and identification of potential challenges;
- Develop project progress reports (narrative and financial) and other report/documentation, learning documents, etc. as required by the project
- Closely follow, guide and review the state / district team for target achievement and quality of achievement.
- Develop relevant reports/documentation for donors and help RD to identify potential opportunities for resource mobilization;
- Drive innovations across all aspects of project including management and implementation of activities
- Ensure that the project activities are delivered as per the design and timeline of the project
- Follows through the required project design requirements and ensure that appropriate process/mechanisms as per the guideline are followed in the execution
- Work closely with the project team to develop micro plans, training delivery, partnership management
- Develop project monitoring tools as per the agreed Logical Framework Analysis (LFA), ensure that information/data is captured, reviewed and shared on regular basis
- Lead community mobilisation and other communication activities as per the project objectives
- Provide required insights/feedback/updates to National office
Overall Operations Management
- Keeping the overall program operational plan as the basis discuss mutually agree between regions / district offices, on achievement of targets region wise, district wise and block wise.
- Closely follow, guide and review the region / district team for target achievement and quality of achievement.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to organizational policies, procedures and best practices.
- Lead the collation of operational MIS, ensure periodic reports are prepared and shared such as monthly progress report, quarterly progress report.
- Maximize the effectiveness and efficiency operations on an on-going basis
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive management team
- Work closely with the National Program Managers and District coordinator and other staff members in the planning and execution of project activities
- Manage all the project staff/managers; hold regular team meetings to plan work and discuss progress and problems.
- Regularly review and assess the performance of operations, conduct supervision meetings and manage the periodic performance assessment process
- Ensure capacity development of staff members at district
- Work with NPM to develop a strong performance driven approach at all levels which is outcome / achievement based
Working with multiple institutions/ NGOs/stakeholders across different sectors in order to facilitate their strategic involvement as per the need of the project
Internal stakeholders (collaboration with) - Program, PDME, Finance, Communication, RD, HR
External stakeholders – Engage with relevant national and state level stakeholders including government departments, technical institutions related to habitat development, enterprise development ,Training and academic institutions, NGOs, etc.
Relevant Post Graduation in social sciences or management
- 5 - 7 years or above in development sector with considerable experience in in programme management, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Proven experience in leading teams effectively;
- Experience working on gender and governance programming is an asset;
- Experience working with a strong focus in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment through a social enterprise is an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven leadership and management skills with ability to lead, manage and mentor team members for higher performance
- Excellent programme management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Proven experience in developing detailed operational plans, budgets, and grant management , donor management
- Experience of managing and effectively delivering large scale program implementation
- Willing and able to travel extensively in programmatic areas to review, monitor progress and assist the mid managers.
- Proven ability to influence, challenge and negotiate at senior levels using sound judgement
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written), with the ability to provide clear and effective advice on a range of people issues
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills and an approach that builds capacity rather than dependency, particularly with senior managers.
- Excellent knowledge of LFA/Results Based Management
- Candidate with knowledge of local language (Odiya/Marathi) would be preferred