|Position Name||Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO)|
|Reports to||National Program Manager/ Chief Finance Officer|
|Works with||Senior Leadership Team
Other project staff
About Habitat for Humanity India:
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort. The housing organization has since grown to become a leading global nonprofit working in more than 70 countries. In India since 1983, Habitat for Humanity has supported more than 33 million people to build or improve a place they can call home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, donate or volunteer, visit www.habitatindia.org
The Habitat for Humanity India has received a grant from European Union (EU) to implement a project – Nirmanshree. The overall objective of this action is to contribute to the eempowerment of marginalised women through creating economic opportunities and improving access to services and entitlements related to habitat development. The action will be implemented across four districts in Odisha (Dhenkanal and Jajpur) and Maharashtra (Osmanabad and Beed).
The Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO) will be a key person responsible for key functions related to financial and administrative support related to the project.
Roles and Responsibilities
Policies and Procedures
- Review relevant policies and guidelines on general administration of grant management including financial management and procurement as needed for the project
- Design and implement appropriate accounting systems and processes as per these guidelines.
Accounting and financial reporting
- Supervise the accounting function of the project and guide the project staff in ensuring the efficient application of proper accounting standards; lead the account closure activities as applicable.
- Compilation of financial information including budget, expenditure statement and other documents related to finance and expenses.
- Oversee the procurement function, cost calculation of materials, quotations of items and contracting of vendors as per the guidelines
- Ensure the reliability and integrity of financial management information systems and reports.
- Develop reporting formats, compile and analyze financial statements and reports, and identify strategies for improving financial performance;
- Comply with timely reporting requirements internal and for the donor
- Coordinating internal and external audit related to the project and ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are met
Cash flow and treasury management
- Oversee the creation of annual, quarterly, and/or monthly budgets and cash flow forecasts and co-ordinate the annual budgeting process, in collaboration with other departments
- Supervise the project cash flow functions, ensuring the cost-effective and efficient deployment of cash and resources.
- Align the cash flow and budgets in line with the project and escalate any issue to the CFO, if any
- Review and analyse the variances on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Supervise the administrative function of the project the efficient application of organisation’s standards
- Oversee the travel management of project staff and manage travel arrangements for the project staff as & when needed.
- Design and monitor procurement procedures and manage the procurement process
- Manage the fixed assets, inventories, leases and contracts related to the project
- Liaison with external vendors and ensure timely and ensure Habitat standards for cost, quality and timeliness are maintained
- Develop tracking and maintenance of project assets
Risk and compliance
- Develop systems for financial monitoring and analyzing risk
- Ensuring compliance with relevant bodies as applicable
- Ensuring statutory compliance on all activities –Direct and Indirect taxes, FCRA, shop and establishment, labour laws,
- Ensuring internal compliances-Standards of excellence(Habitat for Humanity International), reporting compliance etc.
- Ensure all legal agreements and MOUs are legally vetted and in complaince with all statutes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or accounting
- At least 6-8 years of professional experience in accounting, reporting and administration
- Relevant experience in not for profit sector
- Experience of working on a project by a bilateral donor will be an added advantage
- Requisite IT and accounting software skills
- Experience in a management and leadership role, combined with good team working skills;
- An in-depth understanding of the regulatory and legal framework, compliance requirements and a knowledge of Indian accounting and tax regulations;
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external audit teams;
- Capacity to work under pressure, prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Rigorous, analytical and organizational skills and a strong eye for detail and accuracy