Habitat for Humanity India
|Position Name||Manager – Resource Development (CFR)|
|Reports to||Sr. Director – Resource Development|
|Works With||Team of fund raisers and the Programs Staff|
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort. The housing organization has since grown to become a leading global non-profit working in more than 70 countries. In India since 1983, Habitat for Humanity has supported more than 1.7 million people to build or improve a place they can call home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, donate or volunteer, visit www.habitatindia.org
Habitat’s long term strategic goal for 2019 - 2022 is to impact 51.9 Million individuals through affordable shelter interventions Habitat through its network of partner organizations promote integrated development aimed at impact, scale and sustainability.
To raise funds for sustaining the programs delivered by Habitat for Humanity India.
- Prospect Identification
- Leading the marketing Habitat India products and services to corporates and achieving the fund raising targets;
- Researching and identifying potential donors, cultivating potential donors and communicating with current donors for increased ‘giving;’
- Developing new and existing corporate relationships in the area of CSR giving. Manage existing donors- corporates, SME, HNIs
- Identify and tap potential SMEs and Corporates for fundraising
- Developing contacts and networking with different types/ranges of companies, including small and medium size enterprises;
- Assist in writing proposals and presentations to pitch for business and project funding. Submit proposals to prospective donors in consultation with regional Programs team, Reporting Manager and /or Director Resource Development
- Leading donor meetings and providing follow-up support; creating a centralized database of potential corporate donors.
- Following up with proposals sent, coordinating signing of MoUs, completing documentation needed for closing the funding, coordination with finance team for inward receipts of funds, organizing documentation needed for donors in response to the funds received.
- Donor Relations and Management
- Managing the relationship with existing donors
- Working closely with Program team in preparation of periodic reporting cycle as agreed in MoUs and submission to donors.
- Coordinating field visit of donors in case if they wish to do so
- Work closely with program team to ensure project completion reports are prepared in tandem with donor requirement and submitted in a timely manner.
- Donor Engagement and Events
- Conceptualizing new fundraising campaigns and also preparing fundraising marketing material and content, with the Communications team; Leading the campaigns from conception, coordination, and till the logistics front of executing them.
- Providing direction to prospective companies on developing CSR policies, partnerships with CSOs and enhancing their knowledge about development sector issues; this is done by engaging them through a continued CSR dialogue event which will be led by the position holder for his/her territory.
- Working closely with the Program Team, Finance, PIO staff ensuring that a proper coordination is created for smoother functioning of the fund raising unit.
- Ensuring adherence to the internal financial processes and policies while making MOUs, funding agreements in tandem and discussion with finance team. Engage with internal teams like Programs, Finance and Volunteering to develop proposals, MoU/Agreement and customized donor reports on a regular basis
- Comply with brand and communications guidelines as directed by the Communications Department
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Post graduate degree in business development (or) commerce (or) social sciences
- Relevant experience in fundraising or business development.
- Languages: English and Hindi
- Good skills in operating computer, MS Office, emails
- Sales and negotiation abilities
- Communication skills, IT skills, Administrative skills, Resourcefulness, Creative thinking, Effective problem solving