National Program Manager
Managing Director/ Senior Director Program
State Program Managers in Odisha and Maharashtra - Nirmanshree project
Senior Leadership Team
About Habitat for Humanity India:
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort. The housing organization has since grown to become a leading global nonprofit working in more than 70 countries. In India since 1983, Habitat for Humanity has supported more than 33 million people to build or improve a place they can call home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, donate or volunteer, visit www.habitatindia.org
The Habitat for Humanity India has received a grant from European Union (EU) to implement a project – Nirmanshree. The overall objective of this action is to contribute to the eempowerment of marginalised women through creating economic opportunities and improving access to services and entitlements related to habitat development. The action will be implemented across four districts in Odisha (Dhenkanal and Jajpur) and Maharashtra (Osmanabad and Beed).
The National Program Manager leads the Nirmanshree project funded by European Union. S/he provides the leadership in operationalizing the strategy plan for the project in implementing state (Odisha and Maharashtra) through the national office in Mumbai.
Strategy and Implementation
- Provide strategic guidance to the project including operational leadership and management. The person will be responsible for the designing the project approach based on the strategic approach, upkeep of the Standard Operations procedure and drive the strategy into implementation
- Assist in formulating project goals that will address the need and align with HFH strategy and the requirement of the project, clearly identify objectives and select the appropriate methodology that will produce the results as per the needs of the project
- Provide technical and strategy inputs and identify suitable partners/institutions through appropriate process /mechanism
- Review systems and procedures and suggest for changes where needed periodically.
- Preparation of a detailed operational plan based on the agreed time line of the project with details on timelines, milestones and indicators
- Provide project-level planning, execution, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Manage the day-to-day work of the project, including finalizing the project annual work plan, ensuring compliance with programme goals and results-based indicators
- Analyze and ensure alignment of project budgets with logical framework matrices and work plans;
- Oversee programme quality control and identification of potential challenges;
- Develop/Assist project progress reports (narrative and financial); end-of-project report; and any other report/documentation, learning documents, etc. as required by European Union and HfH India.
- Closely follow, guide and review the state / district team for target achievement and quality of achievement.
- Lead in the execution and management of any procurement/sub-awards as per the guidelines
- Monitor and ensure adherence to organizational policies, procedures and best practices.
- Lead the collation of periodic reports and ensure that reports are prepared and shared such as monthly progress report, quarterly progress report.
- Maximize the effectiveness and efficiency operations on an on-going basis.
- Plan for storage and distribution of project information to staff and key stakeholders for continuous improvement as well as follow-up.
- Support RD to project diverse, holistic programs to donors and in providing technical and program delivery concepts/plans.
- Design and participate in mid-term and terminal evaluation
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive management team at National office
- Work closely with the State Program Managers and other district level staff, hold regular team meetings to plan work and discuss progress and problems.
- Work closely with HR in the planning, preparation and implementation of the system to recruit the desired number of staff at state and district level
- Regularly review and assess the performance of operations, conduct supervision meetings and manage the periodic performance assessment process
- Ensure capacity development of staff members at National and state level
- Work with HRD to develop a strong performance driven approach at all levels which is outcome / achievement based.
Working with multiple institutions/ NGOs/stakeholders across different sectors in order to facilitate their strategic involvement as per the need of the project
Internal stakeholders (collaboration with) - Program, PDME, Finance, Communication, RD, HR
External stakeholders – Engage with relevant national and state level stakeholders including government departments, technical institutions related to habitat development, enterprise development ,Training and academic institutions, NGOs etc.
Relevant Post Graduation in social sciences or management
- 8-10 years or above in development sector with considerable experience in in programme management, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Experience of effectively leading a team and working in a leadership role for not less than 5 years
- Proven experience in leading teams effectively
- Experience working on gender and governance programming is an asset;
- Experience working with a strong focus in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment through a social enterprise is an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven leadership and management skills with ability to lead, manage and mentor team members for higher performance
- Excellent programme management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Proven experience in developing detailed operational plans, budgets, and grant management , donor management
- Experience of managing and effectively delivering large scale program implementation
- Willing and able to travel extensively in programmatic areas to review, monitor progress and assist the mid managers.
- Proven ability to influence, challenge and negotiate at senior levels using sound judgement
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written), with the ability to provide clear and effective advice on a range of people issues
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills and an approach that builds capacity rather than dependency, particularly with senior managers.
- Excellent knowledge of LFA/Results Based Management
- Respect for Diversity
- Professionalism and accountability
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example