Habitat for Humanity India
|Position Name||Project Manager|
|Reports to||Dy. Regional Director - Programs|
|Location||Cuddalore and Bangalore|
|Role||Maximising engagement with HNIs for long term relationship and fund raising.|
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort. The housing organization has since grown to become a leading global non-profit working in more than 70 countries. In India since 1983, Habitat for Humanity has supported more than 1.7 million people to build or improve a place they can call home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, donate or volunteer, visit www.habitatindia.org
Habitat’s long term strategic goal for 2015-2019 is to impact 5,00,000 individuals through affordable shelter interventions Habitat through its network of partner organizations promote integrated development aimed at impact, scale and sustainability.
The project manager will support the Hub Leader in developing long-term plans for the region including identification of community needs, development of linkages with local stakeholders including government. The project manager will all oversee implementation of various projects assigned to him/her from its genesis to completion. The project manager must expend more time and effort in convincing donors and other stakeholders of the merits of the project. The job duties of the project manager involve public speaking and communication skills. As well as talents in analysis, relating to many interest holders, and managing workers.
- Identify activities, timeline, and order for completion of the project.
- Determine personnel, supplies, equipment, and other resources needed for the project.
- Assist in establishing criteria and measurable for success or completion of the project.
- Engage other agencies, businesses, donors, and stakeholders to financially support and publicize project or initiative.
- Select workers, including paid staff, and volunteers for the project.
- Supervise training of project workers on activities to be performed and other aspects of the project.
- Monitor progress of project stages and determine and implement any necessary changes.
- Record data on project work, such as expenditures, time to complete tasks, attendance at events and people served.
- Report project progress and results to Dy. Regional Director - Programs.
- Support in development of a long-term perspective plan for the Hub region and in development of specific project proposals for the same.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Graduate in any discipline with post-graduation in Management/Civil Engineering /Social Sciences/Development Studies/Economics or related subjects.
- Candidates with relevant Certification in Project Management will be given preference.
- Fluency in English, Hindi and the relevant local language will be important
- Good Presentation and Conversational Skills
- Methodical and Meticulous at work and should be comfortable in generating reports in a timely manner.
- Travel in and around site location is implicit.
- The required experience for this position is around 10 to 15 years.