Habitat for Humanity India
|Position Name||Technical Assistant|
|Reports to||Functionally to Manager – Technical and Administratively to Dy. Regional Director – Programs|
|Location||Karjat / Nagpur / Navsari / Thane / Dehradun / Guwahti / Odisha / Kolkata / Cuddalore / Chennai / Hyderabad / Bangalore|
|Role||To be an effective link between the Manager – Technical and the Project Manager, as well as the Construction Team|
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity began in 1976 as a grassroots effort. The housing organization has since grown to become a leading global non-profit working in more than 70 countries. In India since 1983, Habitat for Humanity has supported more than 1.7 million people to build or improve a place they can call home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, donate or volunteer, visit www.habitatindia.org
Habitat’s strategic goal over 2019-2022 is to impact more than 51 million individuals through its various interventions across the country. Habitat through its network of partner organizations promotes integrated development aimed at impact, scale and sustainability.
To be an effective link between the Manager – Technical and the Project Manager, as well as the Construction Team, and thereby ensure that the Construction is done as per the design. Assist the contractors and other members of the technical team in reading designs and conducing quality checks.
- Co-ordination, planning, supervising & executing civil engineering works required for, base construction.
- To prepare a project completion schedule in consultation with project manager achieve the desired progress on site efficiently
- Reporting the on-site-progress in the desired format.
- Field testing at regular intervals, calculating the progress & evaluating the balance work and reporting it to head office including log sheets, time sheets of operators.
- Coordinating with all team members on site, including surveyors/labor etc.
- Controlling and reporting all the resources/material required to complete the work.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Civil Engineering, with 2 to 3 years of experience in the Buildings Construction Projects.
- Knowledge of MS – Office Suit (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluency in English and local language
- Good Communication Skills.